Please carefully read through the hosting rules before applying. Non-compliance with the rules may result the suspension of your site(s) or the rejection of your application(s).
- You must know the basic skills of how to run a fansite (HTML, FTP, cPanel..)
– If your site is in English and is smaller than 25 GB you are only required to place one ad.
– If your site is non-English or greater than 25 GB you are required to place two ads on the main site and just one on the rest of sections.
– A link back to H4F and our DMCA is always required.
- You must own your domains. Subdomains are always free.
- Your own ads must never be more visible than ours, if you are not sure if you have placed them in the right place submit a support ticket.
- Although we backup your data on monthly basis, you are required to back up your sites too, Host4Fans is not responsible for files and/or data residing on your account. Customer agrees to maintain a current copy of all content hosted by us.
- Do NOT upload illegal files in our server.
- Modifying or hiding our ads is forbidden, non-compliance with this rule may result on banning from future applications.
- Fansites put on hiatus must be browseables so visitors may still visit them.
- Files over 100MB must be zipped, files over 200MB are forbidden. You must ask for exceptions.
- Sites not updated for over 3 months will be suspended unless the owner contact us first.
- Hostess agree to accept full and sole responsibility for any and all content on their site/s.
- For security reasons scripts (wordpress, coppermine) and its plugins (cpmfetch, jetpack) must be always up-to-date, sites with a lot of outdated scripts will be suspended.
- Akismet (WordPress Plugin) is mandatory in all WordPress installations. Akismet is a spam filtering service that filters spam from comments, trackbacks, and contact form messages. It’s 100% free, if you don’t know how to install it, please contact us and we’ll do it for you.
- Loginizer (WordPress Plugin) is mandatory in all WordPress installations. Loginizer is a WordPress plugin which helps you fight against brute force attack by blocking login for the IP after it reaches maximum retries allowed.
- Mobile versions (WPTouch or others) must include one ad (320×50) at the bottom of the page (wp touch > configuration > personalize > customizer > foot > paste ad code). If your theme is responsive ignore this rule. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any doubt.
* Host4Fans reserves the right to amend its rules at any time without prior notice.