Please carefully read through the hosting rules before applying. Non-compliance with the rules may result the suspension of your site(s) or the rejection of your application(s).
- You must know the basic skills of how to run a fansite (HTML, FTP, cPanel..)
– If your site is in English and is smaller than 25 GB you are only required to place one ad.
– If your site is non-English or greater than 25 GB you are required to place two ads on the main site and just one on the rest of sections.
– A link back to H4F and our DMCA is always required.
- You must own your domains. Subdomains are always free.
- You will only be able to apply for three sites at the same time unless your are moving from another host. Once those sites are opened you are free to apply for more. – You may ask for exceptions-
- Your own ads must never be more visible than ours, if you are not sure if you have placed them in the right place submit a support ticket.
- Although we backup your data on monthly basis, you are required to back up your sites too, Host4Fans is not responsible for files and/or data residing on your account. Customer agrees to maintain a current copy of all content hosted by us.
- Do NOT upload illegal files in our server.
- Modifying or hiding our ads is forbidden, non-compliance with this rule may result on banning from future applications.
- Fansites put on hiatus must be browseables so visitors may still visit them.
- You have ten days to open your site once your account details have been sent. If you need more time please it is required to contact us, otherwise your site will be given up for adoption.
- Files over 100MB must be zipped, files over 200MB are forbidden. You must ask for exceptions.
- Sites not updated for over 3 months will be suspended unless the owner contact us first.
- Hostess agree to accept full and sole responsibility for any and all content on their site/s.
- For security reasons scripts (wordpress, coppermine) and its plugins (cpmfetch, jetpack) must be always up-to-date, sites with a lot of outdated scripts will be suspended.
- Akismet (WordPress Plugin) is mandatory in all WordPress installations. Akismet is a spam filtering service that filters spam from comments, trackbacks, and contact form messages. It’s 100% free, if you don’t know how to install it, please contact us and we’ll do it for you.
- Loginizer (WordPress Plugin) is mandatory in all WordPress installations. Loginizer is a WordPress plugin which helps you fight against brute force attack by blocking login for the IP after it reaches maximum retries allowed.
- Mobile versions (WPTouch or others) must include one ad (320×50) at the bottom of the page (wp touch > configuration > personalize > customizer > foot > paste ad code). If your theme is responsive ignore this rule. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any doubt.
* Host4Fans reserves the right to amend its rules at any time without prior notice.